What is an Alexa rank?
You may think that a successful website has a great number of backlinks, has amazing search engine optimization (SEO), has many visitors visiting the site, etc ... however, there is such a thing called an Alexa rank.
When you attain new backlinks for your website, you want to make sure that they have a great Alexa rank.
The Alexa rank is a system that tells you how popular your website is in a particular country. The more visitors your website receives, the better your Alexa rank.
Google bots index the higher quality websites making them easier for search engine optimization.
The way the Alexa rank is measured is by how many visitors a website gets. The smaller the rank, for example, and Alexa rank of one has the most visitors.
According to Ahrefs, Youtube is the website with the most traffic at the moment (today), and therefore has a low Alexa rank of two -- globally and in the U.S.
See screenshot below:
How To Improve Alexa Ranking
Five Ways to Improve Your Alexa Rank
1. Quantity Content: the better your content is (believe us, Google does read your content even if most people are too bored to read) -- the more traffic your site will get.
If your content is interesting and well written, you will attract more readers.
2. High Quality Backlinks: The more relevant and Google approved websites you have linking back to you, the better!
Remember that not all websites are created equal.
The higher ranked websites help Google point searchers in your direction, because you have been referenced by awesome websites and thus attained a good online reputation.
3. Install the Alexa Toolbar: The Alexa Toolbar is helpful in so many ways.
Not only does it show similar websites with similar rankings, but more importantly it indicates how popular the website you are visiting is.
It also will tell you the age of the website and how many search queries drive traffic to a particular site.
When you have the Alexa toolbar and visit your site on a daily basis, this traffic activity is sent to the server and counts as increased website traffic.
4. Regular Content: The more regularly you post content on your site, the better the traffic.
The best way to do this is to post content every three days or so. Make sure it is relevant to your blog and website.
5. Install the Alexa Widget: Sometimes people will visit your site from their phone instead of the computer. Having the Alexa Toolbar will not help in this case.
Having the Alexa widget installed on your website will relay to the Alexa server that you have received more traffic.